Family-owned Bowker Motor Group is recruiting a full time Payroll Manager.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who has comprehensive payroll knowledge and enjoys a challenge. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Payroll Manager is responsible for providing timely and accurate payments to company employees.
As opportunities in the prestige motor industry like this are extremely rare, all applicants must have a proven Payroll Management background, be self-motivated, energetic, ambitious, with good interpersonal skills.
Main duties will include:
- Complete payroll administration, ensuring new starters and leavers calculations (including accrued holiday payments) are made in a timely manner
- Calculation and payment of Tax, NI, Pension, SSP, CSP, SAP, SPP, SMP, overtime, unpaid absence, OT Holiday payments, Council & Court orders are applied to the payroll system to a tight deadline each month, including the issue of E-Payslips/E-P60’s and the issue of P45’s to employees who leave employment
- Accurate monthly reports to the finance department, including headcount and turnover statistics
- Ensuring that personal objectives are linked to the overall business goals and the implementation of new processes to increase payroll efficiency within the business
- Keeping up to date with relevant Payroll regulations/legislation, including taking action and implementing changes where necessary, ensuring that Finance/HR and the wider team are fully informed of any key statutory or company changes
- Other day-to-day tasks will include, RTI and pension submissions, year end processing
- To provide analysis for the completion of P11d returns
- Travel between Group Sites is expected
What we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate will have previously delivered accurate and timely end-to-end payroll processing experience
- Enthusiastic approach to a changing work environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound working knowledge of implementing and administering Salary Sacrifice schemes
- Demonstrated experience dealing with Gross to Net payroll processes, having been involved with the complete processing of payroll and be able to give thorough and sound advice on all payroll matters.
- Be proactive, organised and display sound analytical/problem-solving skills
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, both within a team & on your own initiative
- Excellent Microsoft office experience (Word & Excel)
As you will be working with a highly successful and award-winning Motor Group, the position offers an extremely competitive salary and bonus structure as well a company car.
Benefits of working for this successful and award-winning retailer Group include:
- 23 days holiday a year plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days after 5 year’s service
- Company pension scheme
- Training, coaching and development funded
- Incentives and rewards
- Regular promotions from within
- Free tickets to local and national events
- Staff social events
If you can demonstrate the required skills and experience, please apply with your CV and letter of application.