212 BHP, Carbon fibre frame, wheels, fairings, plus Ohlins, Brembo and just 171 KGs!…….Sound good?
BMW Motorrad present the production version of their carbon fibre framed concept bike – the HP4 RACE!
Ok, let’s start with the good, well just look at it. Your eyes are overwhelmed by top of the range technology, styling and craftsmanship, all brought together in carbon fibre gift wrap!
The BMW HP4 Race produces 212 BHP from a World Superbike spec engine with the bike claiming slimmer of the year, coming in on the scales at less than a factory SBK Superbike.
The factory rider experience continues with electronic controls viewed and controlled through the 2D dash, with data logger included. Dynamic Traction Control, Engine Braking and Wheelie Control can be programmed for each gear, according to rider preference.
Right, the bad bit, because nothing about this bike can be deemed bad, in any way, we will call this section, the “compromise”. The compromise is that it is a single use machine, this is a track-only bike, and not homologated for road use. So although you won’t be able to show off the Launch Control leaving Devils Bridge or Knott End you do get the absolute ultimate in limited edition factory spec race bike.
Here at Bowker Motorrad we are counting down the sleeps until ours arrives. We have an extremely lucky customer waiting to collect one of only 750 HP4 Race that will be made by BMW.
If you want to own one of these landmark motorcycles, contact the sales team today on 01772 767300.
BMW HP4 RACE highlights
- Carbon fibre main frame in monocoque construction weighing just 7.8 kilograms
- 212bhp @ 13,900 rpm and 88.5lbft @ 10 000 rpm
- Self-supporting carbon fibre rear frame with three-stage height adjustment function.
- Carbon fibre wheels
- Öhlins FGR 300 fork
- Öhlins TTX 36 GP shock
- Brembo GP4 PR monoblock brake calipers
- Close-ratio racing gearbox
- Lithium-ion battery
- 2D dashboard and 2D data recording including logger
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC (programmable for selected gears at 15 levels)
- Engine Brake EBR (programmable for selected gears at 15 levels)
- Wheelie Control (programmable for selected gears)
- Launch Control & Pit Lane Limiter
- Paint finish in BMW HP Motorsport colours
- Production run of 750 units, each individually crafted
UK price of £68,000.