BMW X5 M
The BMW X5 M combines the spirit of an M tradition sports car with the outstanding functionality of an X model. Its high-torque M TwinPower Turbo V8 petrol engine and eight-speed M Steptronic transmission take driving pleasure to the extreme. The dynamic design of the front and rear aprons and standard 20-inch light alloy wheels create an imposing presence. The generous interior of this Sports Activity Vehicle features premium materials from top to bottom, elevated sporty seats and a variety of details in the characteristic M design. The BMW X5 M combines the best of both worlds: outstanding performance and handling with excellent day-to-day functionality.
A sports car that can accommodate five people comfortably. An all-rounder whose commanding presence guarantees adrenaline rushes. A Sports Activity Vehicle with a design that exudes dynamism. Contradictions that the BMW X5 M combines effortlessly. This vehicle stands for unadulterated commitment to performance, with comfort that’s unmatched by other sports cars. With BMW Business Navigation as standard.
The wide front apron catches the eye immediately. Large air inlets are indicative of the engine that is simply raring to go. Chrome beautifully frames the M double-kidney grille. Striking headlights guide your gaze to the side, where the unmistakable crease line and imposing side skirts help to create a wedge-shaped silhouette and a thoroughly majestic presence. The rear of the BMW X5 M is sub-divided by horizontal lines, which give it a dynamic air and emphasise its wide stance. Two chrome-plated double tailpipe finishers below the large rear apron and diffuser come straight from the world of motorsport. The BMW X5 M is ideally equipped for sporty ambitions whilst offering all the everyday practicality and robustness you’ve come to expect from an X model.
In a class of its own: In the BMW X5 M, luxury meets sportiness, and the thoroughly variable interior offers a high degree of functionality. With the optional M multifunctional seats, it’s the fine-grain Merino leather and sophisticated contrast stitching that catch the eye immediately. The combination of this Merino leather and a Alcantara headlining provide a perfectly-judged contrast − just one example of how exclusive offers from the BMW Individual Collection can add even more refined touches to the interior.
The instrument panel and operating element surrounds immediately suggest top-quality ergonomics. This is underlined by matt chrome elements as well as interior trims in fine wood or carbon. The M gear stick and the dynamics buttons on the centre console are orientated towards the driver. Gearshift paddles on the M leather steering wheel ensure a race-like driving sensation and the elevated seating position provides an excellent all-round view. The interior of the BMW X5 M perfectly combines elements of an M BMW and an X model to create a generous sensation of space. Comfort is guaranteed – with adrenaline in abundance.
The Head-up Display has special M features such as the gear change indicator in your line of vision - just like in motorsport, but with the added bonus of comfort. The air conditioning, navigation and radio are positioned to the right of the driver, meaning that the front-seat passenger also enjoys easy access to many different functions.
TURNS HEADS. WITH 575 HORSEPOWER.
The M TwinPower Turbo V8 petrol engine in the BMW X5 M.
Extreme driving pleasure requires first-class components. The key is to deliver huge amounts of power in just the right doses. Then there’s flexiblity and endurance. First sprint, then keep the pace. Decelerate briefly, then sprint again. Again and again, right up to the limit. The powerful engine in the BMW X5 M was built to achieve exactly this, with M TwinPower Turbo technology from BMW EfficientDynamics, consisting of Valvetronic, High Precision Injection and innovative turbocharging.
Two high-rev TwinScroll turbochargers. Tested on racetracks, with a cooling system comprising four circuits and ten radiators to keep thermal stress under control. A cross-bank exhaust manifold for perfect exhaust gas flow, optimum power development and lightning-quick responsiveness. With its massive torque of up to 750 Nm, the 4.4 litre, 575 hp M TwinPower Turbo V8 petrol engine powers the BMW X5 M forward with minimum effort, accelerating the vehicle from 0 to 62 mph in just 4.2 seconds. Despite this top performance, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions remain moderate: Thanks to a wide range of BMW EfficientDynamics technologies, the combined values are 11.1 l/100 km and 258 g/km respectively.
The new BMW X5 M is available with a variety of standard equipment; the below table highlights some of this equipment, whilst further details can be found in the BMW X5 M Model Brochure:
- 20" M light alloy Double-spoke style 611 M wheels
- 20GB hard disc drive (HDD) memory
- 40:20:40 split-folding rear seat
- Adaptive Dynamic suspension
- Adaptive LED Headlights
- Adaptive M suspension
- Air Breather, left and right with X5 M designation
- Air conditioning, automatic with two-zone control and extended features
- Ambient interior lighting with colour selection
- BMW ConnectedDrive Services comprising: – BMW Apps interface – BMW Emergency Call – BMW Online Services – BMW TeleServices – Information Plus – Real Time Traffic Information – Remote Services
- Cruise control with brake function
- DAB tuner
- Door sill finishers with X5 M designation
- Driving Assistant
- Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface and Voice Control
- Exhaust tailpipe, visible, quad, Chrome
- Extended Merino leather upholstery
- Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadowline
- Headlining, Anthracite
- Head-up Display with M-specific displays
- iDrive Touch Controller with shortcut buttons
- Interior trim, Aluminium Trace with Pearl Grey Chrome finisher
- Kidney grille, Chrome surround with double Black, High-gloss vertical slats and X5 M designation
- LED foglights, front
- Loudspeaker system – BMW Advanced
- Lumbar support, driver and front passenger
- M aerodynamic bodystyling
- M Exterior mirrors – folding, automatically dimming, aspheric, heated, with electric adjustment
- M Instrument panel
- M Mobility tyre sealing system
- M multi-function leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles
- M Sport seats, front
- M TwinPower Turbo V8 petrol engine
- Metallic paintwork
- Navigation system – BMW Professional Multimedia
- Park Distance Control (PDC), front and rear
- Rain sensor with automatic headlight activation
- Roof rails, High-gloss Shadowline
- Seat heating, front
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring
- Upper tailgate operation, powered
- X5 M designation on tailgate